PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet - 3
Thread: Easyjet - 3
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2008, 21:31
ghost_rider20

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Closure of Easyjets London STN base???

First things first DO NOT take this as gospel.

I have heard through a very good source that EJ are announcing something very important next tuesday the 9th of September.

Easyjet have already decided all their temporary workers will have to go from the London STN base, they all have about 1 month left.

They plan to get rid of 3 of their A319's over the winter as they cut out some of the routes they fly. I'm not 100% if these a/c are set to go to different bases or be sold, or even put in hangars!

Also as it stands at the moment EJ at STN are making no profit from the seats on flight's whatsoever, it's all revenue! So, I think now more than ever with the current economic climate in the sorry state it's in, EJ are really feeling the pinch at STN (this probably applies to the company as a whole and other airlines for that matter). With Luton not being a million miles away from Stansted though, I wonder whether they will maybe merge the bases. It also cost's the company a considerable amount of money to pay BAA, to have a base there. They could save an awful lot of money if they were to merge the bases? I also know some of EJ's bases oversea's HAVE or are in the process of merging bases!!

I also heard on Sky news the other day from a British transport minister that before Febuary next year we will see the collapse of aprox 25 airlines worldwide! Due to the always increasing fuel prices and the competition within the market of budget/low cost airlines worldwide, and various other factors will contribute to this aswel!

I will say again for clarity this is NOT gospel, so please don't treat it that way!

Some food for thought though...