PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spanair accident at Madrid
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2008, 21:19
justme69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Considering that about half of the passengers were residents of Las Palmas and at least a few others were non-tourist residents of Madrid/Mainland, I would certainly not classify this flight as "loaded with tourists heading on a holiday".

But, of course, news reporters usually know more (and better) than we do. And that's not to say that Las Palmas receives some 5 million visitors a year, so indeed many of those passengers were likely tourists.

If the sources quoted had real access to FDR CVR they would know for sure if the TO alarm went off or not.

To me it looks like a lot of press has been reading these threads and reporting.

I, for that matter, have found an article in a major spanish newspaper that quoted MY OWN EXACT WORDS from this thread. About 60% of that article I would consider my own words. Didn't even bother to change them.

And I didn't get paid for the article. Some woman reporter did.

While I guess we all understand the need for the press to come up with news items, it's them who have to feed forums like this, were we just especulate and try to come up with likely causes so that others can learn and hopefully find ways to avoid it.

But until those with access to the real data speak, that's all we do. Speculate and learn from other's "wild" ideas.

The press shouldn't feed FROM this forum. Totally on the contrary, the press should feed this forum.