PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2008, 13:24
Troglodita

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Helijedi

Why is Bristow such a crap company again?????

(I'm scratching my head here.........)
Helijedi & Flungdung,

I also agree with (almost) everything you guys say about certainly the parts of Bristow this side (Eastern) of the pond. The GOM is a different story but even there things have improved dramatically over the last 5 years.
My view from the inside for what it is worth is that the "Oil Patch" management style is the cause of most of the present discontent.
There are many areas in most large Companies where costs of doing Business can be reduced without much detrimental effect to the morale or income of the boys and girls at the coalface. Changing the quality of the toilet paper and making penny halfpenny savings by changing already frustrating and sometimes unpleasant living conditions where small things are easily blown out of proportion just to save a few Nairas (e.g. on coffee for f**cks sake!) is not one of them. In general most of us are not slaves due to age, financial committments or licences as suggested by Flungdung. I much prefer 6 on 6 off in Nigeria to returning to the P.C. factories of Aberdeen with daily flogs to the East Shetland Basin being the highlight of my life. Most of our guys are young with JAA/FAA/SACAA licences and could get a job anywhere if they wished but they choose to stay because the lifestyle suits them. Lets' not f**ck with the status quo would have been my advice and I am sure was the advice of the old hands in Lagos but they have been ignored and over ridden. A great pity!

Trog