PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Improve Light A/C Separation
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2008, 11:26
Fuji Abound

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GPN01

I bow to your greater knowledge

duwn south for example gliders often route along one side of the downs or the other in the soaring conditions of the ridge line. They dont go far from the edge of ridge.

I can imagine there are occasions when the aim is to cross country from say Chichester to Eastbourne. What is the issue with reporting "glider x presently overhead Chalvington routing along the downs to Chichester between 1,500 and 4,500" and providing a position update every so often? From my point of view I am only really interested if you are in cloud or a few hundred feet above or below the base where I might not see you. If the tops are 4,500 I couldnt really care what you do above that, and if the base is 1,500 feet I couldnt really care what you do below say 1,300 feet if needs arise to take you out of your block altitude.

I dont accept you will not get through on frequecy. If you listen out on most LARS frequencies on days when the weather would suite thermaling in IMC I suspect there also will not be a significant amount of GA traffic about either - the powered mob are on the hole a bunch of softies, given them convective conditions with cloud and most of them will be whining about the weather in the clubhouse.