PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: V-australia Interviews, T's & C's etc?
Old 3rd Sep 2008, 08:39
BR715

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Krusty

You are indeed correct that the individual contract does not cover the progression of pilots specifically, in fact there are a lot of things that does not cover or is very vauge. It however does talk about general suitability and performance within the company at your specific role, be that as a SFO or a CFO.

What has been told to some candidates in the interview process (depending on there hours/experience) is that 1- To get some further experience, i.e flying sectors you will probably have to go back to VB at some point. Don't take this as gospel but apparently this would be to pilots with limited 2 crew operations or no previous time on jets or descent size turboprops (specifically guys off a baron, king Air)
2. Pilots with more experience i.e. previous jet experience or high time turboprop pilots to my knowledge were not told they MUST go back to D.J

In lieu of all this candidates were made aware of the reality of things. What i mean by this is that in 2-3 years (for example) there was no movement due to industry downturn etc pilots will be given the option to go back to VB however it wont be a mandatory thing. They were also told that the company would endevour to
promote people vertically. I guess this is all well and good to be told in the interview but where the problem lies is in these poorly written individual contracts which really as Krusty pointed out doesn't guarantee anything.

In a nut shell all you can do is go off what you were told in the interview and hope that when the time comes management will stick to what people were told in the interview process (dont hold your breath though)

Hope this answers your question Krusty