PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Yak 52 into the sea - Brisbane
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2008, 01:13
mikel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Saying goodbye...

Hi again,

Yes there will be but, the details are not sorted as yet. There is no flight/ops manual for your namesake being killed and we have so many things to sort out. When we get there we will advertise details of the memorial service on our website, the papers and here on prune.There will be some drinks at the RQAC bar around next Tues or Wed night for the local pilots and other industry people in the area. We will have a condolence book and a few pictures up of Barry etc that we can present to the family. I believe that Barry is to be cremated at a family do and there will be a memorial service for the public in a few weeks. I just wanted to organize something for the local crews etc that may feel that they would like to be there. You can all pm me for more information as you see fit. I will say however this is not the official event just something small and quiet for the locals.

Its been a hard road the last few days I am about to go flying with a student for the first time since Sunday gutted.......

Mike Lawrence
Chief Pilot
Hempels Aviation