PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Business Issues ADSB (Now: Completely Off Topic Thread!)
Old 3rd Sep 2008, 00:33
Bob Murphie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
james michael;

As a director of that organisation and during my tenure, there was no issue to address.

The ASIC was NOT opposed by that organisation, in fact it WAS initially supported because the executive at the time thought they were to get a monopoly accreditation. (I and a few others opposed it). Remember this organisation has historically been, and was run by a fiat executive. Your research has let you down as usual, or perhaps you just listen to what is now just amended policy.

I say again, when I was on the board of that organisation, there was no issues to address with CTAF R, there were only CTAF's MBZ's as well you know.

You are so certain that this concept of ADSB and the subsidy is a done deal, all I am saying is that I will believe it when it comes to fruition. I hope for your sake it does.

I won't not suffer if it does, and I'll embrace the evolutionary benefits as and when they materialise, but I will haunt all the enthusiasts if causes me any financial hardships as I am sure the members of organisations will do if they find out their own elected directors are enthusiastically promoting it.

Spodman;

Your post is interesting. I hadn't looked at this from your perspective. Perhaps my mind was set on responding to private IFR mindset that treats VFR like some sort of inferior way to fly. The incident mentioned stuck in my mind because of an 8/8ths clear blue sky and a bloke 500ft below me at 4000ft on an IFR plan. Even training would sensibly fly above 5000ft.