PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Canadian Aviation Academy
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2008, 23:35
Murt Kennedy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im currently in north bay, canada going through the pri/caa program. Now as im doing a helicopter commerical lience i cant comment on the fixed wing course.

The training is in conjunction with gateway helicopters.
I researched the cost and program involved of many flight schools around the world including Oz, Waterford, Dublin, England, South Africa and here in Canada for YEARS before i came to a discision,rightly enough the price tag on all the courses rised greatly over the years. I knew exactly what i was paying for before i came here and of course caa are making money off,ITS A BUSINESS. Any business that doesnt make money is a bad business. I felt the pri/caa program was without a doubt the best value considering it would have been more expensive to stay at my own home in waterford than it was to come over here and the training itself was far better than offered in oz or south Africa (ie no turbine time)

Since iv been here i can only say that iv been treated greatly by pri/caa, there was alot of bitteriness shown towards the company to me by other irish students where as yet im still waiting to see with my own 2 eyes. Its just the usual irish begrugery in my opinion. Im not telling anyone to part with their money and join caa but im sure i made the right decission. They sorted the visa,flights to and from canada,accomadation (which is better than most houses in Ireland),weekly allowance for food,all course matierals and books and a car with a full tank of gas every 2nd week which i was NOT expecting.

I started the 10 month course in may '08 and passed my cpl written exam 3 weeks ago,im due to finish totally in the next 5-6weeks(4.5 months ahead of scedule). Iv been offered a position with gateway helicopters as have my fellow irish students who started the course with me. and because we've done so well they threw in a extra course (turbine engine course) payed for by the caa. Its a FACT to say you will only get as much from this course as your willing to put into it, i put everything into it and im getting loads in return.

Somebody tell me what iv got to complain about???????

I dont work or instruct for pri/caa and have nothing to gain by filling anyone with lies,its just not my style either.

Any questions? Fire away.