PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LH A320 reportedly within 0.5m of crashing at FRA !!
Old 23rd May 2001, 01:40
screwjack

Angry

There we go again, the magnificent-state-of- the-art-fly-by-wire-"puesch-beton" (french for "push button")-fully-computerized-and-controlled-best-aircraft-ever-built!

Ooops!!!

What scares me is something like this happening to a major player like Lufthansa and their "above" standart skilled and trained mechanics.

Highest scores for this crew. 1.6 feet at full power and 20 deg bank? Scary, scary.

On top I find it pretty disturbing that there is not one unique wiring layout for the sidestick connectors. Hopefully it will be adressed soon but so far I'm only aware of a short bulletin for the Airbus jockeys
with instructions on "how to perform a flight control check". As I understand the issue here the ELAC won't sense this condition and the ECAM will indicate proper aileron movement (despite it will be exactly to the opposite direction). I believe this will go undetected as long as no one with sufficient understanding of this system, carefully observing desired aileron deflection according to (announced???) sidestick input is outside the bird.

Yeah, but I have to agree, this crew are good canidates for a salary increase.
Cheers...