PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The move to freight flying?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2008, 18:01
Wings Of Fury

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up The move to freight flying?

Hi all,

I am considering moving from passenger flying to freight flying. I have flown freight before on a small scale locally in pistons and some in turbo-props, and liked the variety.
I am currently flying A300s in the Middle East, so that puts me on a good type for the transition to freight. I am also currently a First officer.

I have a few questions; firstly, do most companies have a good progression to command?
I find flying passenger aircraft quite boring with the same destinations all the time, does freight work involve allot of different locations, overnights and long times away from base? Because this is what I like, I know its strange as most of my passenger pilot colleagues are quite the opposite, I also like flying older jets too.
I guess what I am looking for is a job that takes you on long trips everywhere around the world, is there still such companies out there that do this?

I hope anyone can give me any sort of answers, past or present, and if you haven't already guessed I am very single and still young.

Thank you to all in advance.

Wings Of Fury.