PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Improve Light A/C Separation
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2008, 13:45
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
>That is fine, but it seems to be that gliders only communicate with other gliders. I am by no means anti glider - but when I fly in IMC I make all possible attempts to let other airspace users know where I am, by using a RIS. Gliders talk to each other on one frequency, which "we" may not be listening to as we have Com1 dialled into a RIS and Com2 on 121.5 or the next enroute frequency. <

Englishal

Very valid point! we respect each other flying IMC in G airspace. I am flying N/W at FL85 you are flying S/E at FL75 we are both on radar transponding and talking to a radar controller and both flying blind in IMC.

The Glider should at least talk to the radar controller but what would that call be? " Glider XYZ operating above the village of somewhere or probably within a five mile radius. I am presently passing through FL90 descending as I have no lift. I may be at FL70 or anywahere in between. There again if I get some lift I maybe back up at FL90 or higher your guess is as good as mine. As I dont have a transponder like the other guys you wont have a clue what level I am at anyway so hope you dont hit me. Pull the trigger enough times and maybe you might"

What is the point of the rest of us flying quadrantle rules to give each other seperation with that in mind?

Pace