PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is your take-home pay at the end of the month?
Old 2nd Sep 2008, 12:53
flaps to 60

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bonas dias Pablo

I agree completely, but isn't it the same flying a nice 172 a saturday or sunday with a few buddies?
Not in the slightest. In a 172 et al YOUR paying the bills. In a commercial job someones paying you and with a reasonable career path quite handsomely

Are you being realistic or negative?
If you highlighted the last bit of the post you will notice but at least you would have tried. and that really is the crux of my argument. Surely its better to go through life saying at least i gave it a shot. I'm very aware that the state of our industry is in the ****e and have known people who tried and either gave up or never got a foot in the door but they can go to their grave never wondering what if i took that first step. So i would like to think that im being realisticaly positive.

What's bad about having a PPL and flying for fun on days off?
There's nothing bad about flying for fun on a PPL and for some that is all they want to do and i say good luck.

For others they want to fly above the clouds (up to FL410 in my machine which id like to see a 172 do) or on bad wx days or across the oceans for a few days off on a beach or work with fellow professionals including cabin crew. Dealing with the many manifold problems that working for an airline can bring. Flying something bigger than a four seater with one engine or for the simple pleasure as mentioned earlier of someone else paying for your hobby.

The list is endless of the pleasures of flying commercially and im fully aware that someone will come along and give a thousand reasons why its bad. But to them i say i dont care as the problems are only challenges to be overcome and if you hate it that mouch you obviously are in the wrong job. Move and and give the likes of Ghandou a shot and an oportunity to moan if he want.

I hope you don't say it because of what I said
Not at all. Its a general statement from what ive read on PPrune and what i've seen out and about. For some their expectations of flying are never met as the dream is sometimes let down by the reality. If thats the case then i say move on. For some the money is never enough the cc aren't putting out or the uniform is rubbish or the hotels are crap etc etc etc. The moaners in this game are never happy and all they like is the sound of their own voice whining and moaning but never come up with the answer to a problem.

Maybe you should find another partner for the sex thing, I don't think too much people would agree with you on that one!
I did say almost Even tough my missus thinks im having an affair with my a/c. Sad i know but i am an AEROsexual.

PS PS over the busy periods £4300pm take home