PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All those that flew for Discover (f)lying on the Penguin runs
Old 2nd Sep 2008, 10:00
Capt Wally

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah Ted's old doves have well & truely gone bush. Apart from the one that modified a few peoples back yards years ago am not too sure where the rest have gone but I think they are buried somewhere in the back of his hangar, gathering dust no doubt. They where original Doves unlike MM's his where the old Riley conversions, how to make an ugly plane more ugly !
Seeing as we are on a roll here I can recall EN twr one day say to me after T/off rwy 17 yr gear is still down, at times one used up all the air pressure just getting to the holding point & little was left to pull the gear up 'till around Flemington racecourse, by then you had the old girls cleaned up & steaming full ahead for PID A doz japs all talking jiba jabba & smiling like there's no 2moro, oh boy if they only knew, second hand champers & by the will of God we all went sth to enjoy the penguins, had some fun though even used to take my R/C glider down to PID to slope soar off the cliff face, & to think we got paid for that, well thought we where !

CW