PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is your take-home pay at the end of the month?
Old 2nd Sep 2008, 00:11
pablo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well...

The thrill of standing up the throttles and hurtling down a concrete strip and hoofing it off the deck into busy airspace to then try and grease it at the other end is better than.....well......SEX (almost)
I agree completely, but isn't it the same flying a nice 172 a saturday or sunday with a few buddies?
Maybe you should find another partner for the sex thing, I don't think too much people would agree with you on that one!

Sure the industry is shakey sure you might not get a job straight away on falling out of flying school....you might not even ever get a job but at least you would have tried.
Are you being realistic or negative?

Too many people on this site who are not in LOVE enough with what they do or flying hasnt lived up to what they expected and expect others to be as downbeat and negative as they are.
I hope you don't say it because of what I said. I love flying, I have a good time (many of us do), but I just say it isn't sooooo goooood as to go through such finnancial difficulties and so much trouble. What's bad about having a PPL and flying for fun on days off?
Besides... someone that doesn't content himself with his present career and his own life is someone negative enough by himself. Do you think he will be able to put up with all the difficulties of becoming a pilot and finding a job? Don't you think that warning him would be a good idea?

Cheers / Pablo