PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is your take-home pay at the end of the month?
Old 1st Sep 2008, 22:18
flaps to 60

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ghandou

If i earned what you do now even with a zero or two added i would drop it all in an instant for what i do now.

Too many people on this site who are not in LOVE enough with what they do or flying hasnt lived up to what they expected and expect others to be as downbeat and negative as they are.

Go for it

Its better to be up there looking down wondering whats down below than looking up wishing you were there.

Sure the industry is shakey sure you might not get a job straight away on falling out of flying school....you might not even ever get a job but at least you would have tried.

Here's an example of what you'd be missing.

Took off the other night from Gatwick on a brookmans park departure to Iceland. It was a beautifly clear night and was given an early left turn right over the centre of london. WHAT A VIEW The london eye Leicester Square Buckingham Place the river thames you name we could see it. Further north a beautiful moon rise that started a deep red colour and just got brighter. going further north we chased what little light was left for nearly three hours and the stars and milky way were stunning.

Thats just the views. The thrill of standing up the throttles and hurtling down a concrete strip and hoofing it off the deck into busy airspace to then try and grease it at the other end is better than.....well......SEX (almost)

Ghandou

You have a choice, go for it or not. Which ever you chose just make sure that you really want it. If you dont then a life of possibly saying I wish I... I wonder what.....What would I..... untill the day you die.

If you do then note it aint gonna be easy either passing the course or getting a job but when you do F**k me its worth it.

I wish you the very best of luck and from a personal point of view and some friendly advice JUST DO IT you wont regret it for a second.

ps £3500 pm