PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sir Glen Speaks!
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2008, 22:02
Winco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cazatou,

Firstly, do try to give people just a little bit of time to respond - not all of us can sit on Prune all day long you know, some of us do have another life!

Secondly, don't show your ignorance by suggesting that I fly a 747 on a CPL alone, simply because that's all I've put on my public forum, thats just stupid, and as an ex pilot you should know better. If you would like me to list all of my licences and tickets for different aircraft, then drop me a PM and when I've got nothing better to do, then I'll gladly pass them all on to you.

My company execs regularly discuss things with me (and all the other pilots) and I'm pleased to say that in the main, they not only listen but act.

I'm sorry, but I have no experience in dealing with the occupant of No 10 at all.

Now then, if you are an ex RAF pilot, instead of me justifying why I think Torpy is a poor leader, why don't you come out and tell us what he has done that you feel displays the leadership expected of the head of the RAF, and why you disagree with me on this, and many many others.

There are countless examples of poor leadership, and you don't need me or anyone else to list them for you. Would I be correct in thinking that perhaps you would say that the CDS was WRONG with his public outburst against financial cuts, manpower cuts, equipment cuts that are affecting the services??

I think that I have flown with 4 or 5 CAS's over the years - but I'm not sure what your point is here? Yes they will all listen to you, and yes they will all show keen interest, but how many of them responded to any complaints you might have had? And I note that you didn't comment on their aviating skills, only on how good they were at listening?

The point is, we're not talking about a bloody travel claim here man, we are talking about the lives of our men and women, in theatre, who are being put at risk by a lack of support, equipment and Christ knows what else. I agree that is NOT the fault of CAS, but what do we hear from him about the shortages..............NOT A LOT!

Now, if you think the Sir Glenn is a good CAS, then you are entitled to your opinion, and I respect that. However, the vast majority of the rank and file of todays RAF are sick and tired of having a CAS, who wouldn't say 'Boo' to a goose! Nevermind stand up for 'his' boys and girls.

And finally, his handling of the Nimrod loss sums him up IMHO. I, for one, will never forgive him for saying that the aircraft is as safe as it needs to be. That was shameful and and shows a really poor sense of judgement, wouldn't you agree?

Now then, I'm away for the next couple of days, so if I don't answer any of your posts withing 10 minutes, try to refrain from further posts with very large writing please - I'm not blind yet thank you.