PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS Pensions (Split from Pay 2009 thread)
Old 1st Sep 2008, 18:21
slip and turn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As you know, I am only interested in the NATS pension case from afar - just an interested observer in the possible demise of one of the last remaining excellent schemes for 'ordinary exployees' in the private sector (well sort of).

I hope you don't mind too much me offering my two-pennorth from time to time as this is the non-private ATCO forum ...

In the interests of encouraging free debate of both sides of the argument for maintaining the scheme and promise unchanged, I have bitten my lip for some days and not typed.

But you surely can't let Beadie get away with the suggestion that the Trustees are all impartial. Two of them at least are executive board directors of some ilk! One is the Finance Director is he not?!

Now you might think they are just two votes on a whole board of trustees, but have any of you ever occupied a place on a board with voting colleagues as powerful as that? Do you think less powerful voices are easily heard and decisions reflect balanced debate corresponding to voting rights? If so, get real