PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sir Glen Speaks!
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2008, 15:47
cazatou

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Winco,

I must confess that I never realised that you could be an Boeing 747 Captain with just a CPL - times have obviously changed!!

Perhaps, though, as you apparently currently fly a 747; perhaps you could explain your expertise in the Man Management aspects of being CAS - in particular your expertise in dealing with the current occupant of No 10.

No; not Acacia Avenue - Downing Street!!!

PS;

How many CAS's have you flown with?

I have flown with 3 who were piloting the aircraft with me (a Spec Aircrew Flt Lt) as Captain. None of the 3 had ever flown that particular aircraft type before. I would, however, point out that I was a Flight Instructor/Examiner and IRE on that Type.

Moreover, in each case said CAS wanted to hear from myself, and also my Flt Cdr Navigator, exactly what we thought were the problems facing the RAF and what were the issues that affected people on a day to day basis. The ALM and Cpl Stewards were also consulted on aspects that affected them.

How often do your Company Execs come and ask you about your concerns???

PPS

I do remember getting an apoplectic Command Accountant on the phone regarding the rejection of a claim for a Boarding House bill (there were not any Hotels in that particular Town) after Gp had revised our itinerary to collect a Chinese Delegation in the early hours of the next morning. The CinC rejected the viewpoint of the Accountants that there was nothing in QR's that said you were allowed to go to sleep during the day!!

I merely said that I would raise his concerns with the C in C when we were flying together the next day. There was some form of strangled cry and the line went dead.

Last edited by cazatou; 1st Sep 2008 at 16:33.