PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sir Glen Speaks!
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2008, 13:58
Winco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
John P

What is it about Sir Glenn that you obviously admire so much?

Is it his leadership? His loyalty to his troops? Maybe it's his aviating skills as a pilot? Whatever it is, I can state that you are wrong on ALL counts.

And before you start questioning me about my loyalty blah, I can tell you that the Air Force had many many years of loyalty from me (and countless thousands of others too) but in the main, the loyalty coming back was abysmal to say the least.

Sir Glenn Torpy has shown himself to be a poor leader, with an inability to stand up for his troops and return the loyalty that has been given to him. I have yet to hear him utter a single word about the cuts that have destroyed 'his' Air Force and left it in the pathetic mess it is today. His single claim-to-fame is the procurement of hundreds of Typhoons - just what the boys need in the sand pit eh?

Why has he not had the guts to stand up in public and criticise the appalling defence cuts. (Probably because he's looking for a nice little job at BAEs maybe??) Why has he never complained about the lack of manpower, both aircrew and groundcrew? and why, having lost Nimrod 230, did he say that the aircraft was 'as safe as it needs to be' Just a pathetic and spineless statement from a pretty spineless and useless CAS. Sorry Glenn, it's time you hung up your flying suit.

Oh and as for his aviating skills - I'm afraid you'll have to ask a Fast Jet Mate about that. But, we all know that rank bears no reflection to someones aviating abilities, so I doubt if he is particularly talented in that area either.