PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sikorsky X2 coaxial heli developments.
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2008, 11:56
Graviman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Sultan, as a fan of the ill fated AH-56 Cheyenne i feel your advice is well worth heeding. The big difficulty is that the longer the rotor mast, the more flexibility you design into the rotor system. I imagine that the current design came after a lot of careful consideration, and simulation, of the dynamics. From the pace to date, i don't imagine Sikorsky will be rushing the flight test program until the dynamics are proven out. Maybe CEFOSKEY can give us more insight into the passage of the program from CAD to test?

CEFOSKEY, i'm looking forward to that video! Just knowing that X2 is a real flying machine is exciting enough, but one of my favourite MPEGs is a highspeed flyover of Commanche at West Palm Beach - the noise alone is amazing!

Dave, despite Nick's kind help, i was recently passed over by Westlands. Being honest, from BAE experience, i suspect that a paycut would have been required. My current role allows me to gain the experience in analysis and test that i crave, while being able afford the cost of UK living. Actually my first job has tempted me to write my own Vortex Panel Method software:

Vortex Panel Method