PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Biz Class or South Africa Airlines Biz Class ?
Old 1st Sep 2008, 10:50
Canada Goose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK, well I said I’d post her experience of SAA. Well, overall she thought it was good and was quite impressed with some aspects of it. The main reservation she had was the food, which she said was dire. Something about fish that was very dry on the way back!! Again, her flight both ways was marred by turbulence.

As an aside, something odd happened prior to pushback on the way back. She was asked by staff/security if she would change places with a lady who was sat at the very front as she doesn’t like sitting there. Before my wife had a chance to reply a German bloke she had met on the outbound trip and was now sitting next to and chatting with interjected and said “She is not moving, she is travelling with me”, and to be fair, my wife didn’t want to move. Not so odd, but then the same person went to a women sat behind my wife and said, “I’m sorry, you’re going to have to move, this seat was booked by the lady at the front”. This didn’t go down well and the lady behind my wife refused to move, claiming quite rightly that the boarding card SAA had issued to her was quite clearly where he was sitting. Eventually more staff/security arrived and there was something of a stand-off. Truth be told I can’t recall what finally happened but my wife said it got quite tense. I tell you what though, I would be furious being treated in such a way and would be submitting a formal complaint at being treated in such a manner and indeed seeking some sort of compensation!!

Your mileage may vary !!
Cheers,
CG.