PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Improve Light A/C Separation
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2008, 07:00
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
>Added to that we are looking at a piece of kit that benefits other people, not necessarily the operator. Effectively, you may be asking for me to lash out cash that I can ill afford, on something that does me little or no good, so that some of you can tear through Class G with your eyes wide shut, relying on the voices in your head....<

Flying in good VMC in class G it would be better to have all aircraft equipt with transponders but we all know that everyone is flying around in that airspace in every type of flying machine available and hence do use MK1 eyeballs and maximum caution.

The other danger is where only one set of MK1 eyeballs are available ie where an aircraft is transitioning from IFR IMC flight to VFR VMC flight and that transition layer.

My total disagreement in this thread is where we cannot see each other ie in cloud where someone flying without the maximum level of available technology so we can know about each other is putting my life and my passenegers life at risk and no one has a right to do that.

Fitter2

There are rules for VFR VMC flying which are to remain clear of cloud horizontally and vertically with published distances to have between you and cloud.

Unless the aircraft and the pilot are equipt and licenced to be in cloud they should not be there.

I was amazed that the CAA say " Okay your a glider so these rules do not apply" that is the double standards.

Maybe its the CAA who should be sued when a 737 is brought down as you cannot blame a glider pilot for flying within the rulles the CAA stipulate but those rules are a mockery.

And yes for your information I am afraid its not only me who flies fast machinery outside of controlled airspace but Easyjet and RyanAir in their 737s and A320s so you are just as likely to hit them as me while playing in your clouds unannounced and unseen.

We do try and avoid large lumps of cumulous or towering cumulous as it gives a bumpy ride for passengers but often the density of cloud or combination of clouds or routing makes that unavoidable.

Pace

Last edited by Pace; 1st Sep 2008 at 07:57.