PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Long Range Choice - advise sought!
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2008, 19:22
CL300

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The question was like.. you have 50+ Mio USD which long range aircraft would you buy...Since I'm only flying the aircraft and not staying 13 hours in the cabin..

Having flown some of them, my choice will go to the GLEX. Until the 7X operational downsides are solved, AND if you will fly at the prescribed non_drag speed of M.80 only you will make the range.

The dassault propaganda about one short hop after max fuel and you can go 5000 Nm is nice but who give a Dam ?
You want to take Off and land at max gross ? for a short hop ? how efficient that is ?
Long range is to prevent a fuel stop, this why Gulfstream is making a hit with the 650 and 7000 Nm...

7X : FBW, TBW, BBW, and 23 kt Xwind LIMITATION !!! Even better if the Water computer goes fishing , you have no toilet or water in the aircraft....long range ? Dassault hide the problems of the 7X to keep market quiet (my opinion) but a long way to go... Judging by the fact that 4 years after the F2TH Easy initial deliveries there is still no Flight Director availble below 400 ft... Advanced aircraft ? And in order to make people "waiting" Dassault publishes Field Service Advisories, essentialy maintenance actions to be performed by pilots...The one to refill engine oil is a pure joy.