PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2008, 19:17
Gonzo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Feonagh,

May I respectfully suggest that the NATS rep at your stage one should have given you more info. I've just used a well known internet search engine with some well chosen, yet obvious, words and top of the results came an ATC telephone number, followed by the EGPH general enquiries telephone number, who would be able to put you through or give you the right number.

Perhaps you could do the same and ask EGPH ATC themselves rather than risking nobody responding here?

Also, take a look at the UK AIP (NATS | AIS) - you might need to register (free), click through to UK Aeronautical Information Publication > Aerodrome Data (Specific)...there you have all the UK civil airfields. Click on one, and then Textual Data....it should have a phone number for the ATC unit there.

It's a shame that us old and crusty ATCOs are no longer permitted to help out with stage 1s, I feel that there's now some valuable knowledge and viewpoints regarding the medium to long term life as an ATCO not being passed on to applicants.

Oh well, I shall just have to do more stage 3s to sate my appetite for making grown men and women cry.....I mean helping to select the next generation of ATCO......

Mike1711, well done!
To all those who are going through the process, all I can say is prepare well and then prepare some more
Awwww, that warms the cockles, so to speak.....

Last edited by Gonzo; 31st Aug 2008 at 20:00.