PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sir Glen Speaks!
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2008, 15:39
Chugalug2

Received 228 Likes on 71 Posts
Wise words Barnstormer. I don't enjoy posting as I have done on this thread, but when you follow other threads that have displayed the woeful circumstances in UK Military Airworthiness on the Nimrod, Hercules and Chinook fleets alone, as well as unacceptable administrative shortcomings causing further stress to those forever being sent "sausage side" one gets the sickening feeling that a point of no return has been passed, and where to now? Perhaps the worst aspect of all, and the most "unfixable" is the rush for the doors by experienced and skilled personnel. The CAS might as well accompany his platitudes with a lyre given the strong smell of Rome burning! I must admit not being aware of JP's illustrious career as a TP. Perhaps he might air his opinion of the situation where an aircraft type (the Chinook HC2) was in squadron service despite not being released by Boscombe Down who grounded theirs the day before the Mull tragedy? I know that wasn't under this CAS but is symptomatic of the trend into territory that was unimaginable in my day.