PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Interview Questions from Hell
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2008, 14:23
Dihaz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil

Wingo Wango,

Quote,
At DH you judge that the Captain does not have sufficient visual reference but he elects to continue with the approach. What would you do?

Either the Fo or Capt can call go around at anytime before the nose wheel has touched the runway so I would assume that you would call go around.

I had an interesting one once by a certain Irish budget carrier. This is what he asked me and these are my answers:

Capt: Its Xmas eve, you have 189 Pax on board and you need to get back, you find a nav light is not working. What do you do?
Me: Check the MEL to see if its needed.
Capt: The MEL requires you to have it working.
Me: Tell the engineers.
Capt:Theyve all gone home its late at night.
Me: See if I can fix it myself (I know its a stupid one but I got pushed into a corner)
Capt: You dont have a ladder. Your Capt has to get back to EMA hes asking you if your going to stay or go with him.
Me: Id go but i would strongly object to it.

With hindsight I should have said to him that I would not go but I was confused because the airline in question is known to bend rules, so I didnt know if they wanted to see if I would do it.
What do you think I should have said?

Recently I also had,
What do we need a Capt for nowadays when roles are being shared between flight deck crew?

What do you think guys???

Cheers
Dihaz

Last edited by Dihaz; 31st Aug 2008 at 14:24. Reason: typo