PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bullying / victimisation
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2008, 19:17
BurglarsDog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was sitting in the sim the other day in a country where english is a second language. Part way through an exercise I had to freeze as my student started to smirk and struggled to suppress a chuckle! There was a kafuffle across the room from a member of a another course during which a young female student was being aggressivly and loudly "debriefed " by her instructor (old retired type instructor ). As it was not in english I asked my student to translate . In a nutshell you wouldnt want to know what was said. Even Gordon Ramskin would have been lost for words!! To say it was inappropriate is putting it mildly. Bullying? Certainly. Retort? No chance. Although officially, the "culture" of 30 years ago that had helped create this type of instructional technique(?) / attitude of the instructor ,was no longer sanctioned, no one was enforcing this on staff members. Ego not empathy was still the Go! I asked a colleague (local) whether this type of behaviour should be bought up to management. He looked at me as though I was mad. We dont "grass" on anyone here he said!!
And they wonder why their failure rate is so high

DogGone