PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways extra fuel restriction
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2008, 11:26
Smirnoff N21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To be a good move you need to have something to share qr still and will for a long time be in the red. So even tomorrow if they tell me they will give me 25% profit sharing of zero. That not what will keep me here ...
Right you are tintin, in this regard it's worth to mention no profit was ever intended. Sole purpose of QR is diversion of petrol dollars into private pockets of mighty once in full swing. Why would you establish a separate LTD registered on cayman islands for each and every airplane separately? Old trick banned long time back everywhere else in the world apart from Qatar. Is a offshore entity really needed for state run company? Only if the ownership must not be disclosed under any circumstances that's why cayman islands cause it's forbidden by constitution to disclose the owners. The best ever protection. Mind you that not a single airplane belongs to QR and that with state guarantees in the background signed by Emir. Otherwise the company would have been established in a different form like PLC and would have been listed on the DSM or even as ADR on NSE. Why to bother and not just to take the cash like the previous emir did, will you ask? Well, that will have implications on the state's status and limit the trade chances worldwide (WTO admittance) besides the idea of promoting Qatar is sold to the proud citizens as the ultimate kick and as democratization to the western world. Internally it'll cause destabilization and possibly turmoils among the locals. As well as prime time on most of leading channels is bought for the purpose of promotion but more important cooperation, a wise move indeed. No one has ever heard of evacuation in Madrid on CNN or sky news etc. All this my friend leads to a very instable status quo and permanent fear and uncertainty resulting in political games, double standards, power struggle and abuse. Here is your answer.
Don't take it personally take it on the rocks!!!