PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NVFR - Removing restrictions and adding endorsements with a CIR/ME
Old 30th Aug 2008, 11:25
FRQ Charlie Bravo

Location: ˙ǝqɐq ǝɯ ʇ,uıɐ ʇɐɥʇ 'sɔıʇɐqoɹǝɐ ɹoɟ uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɯɐu ɹıǝɥʇ ʇnd ǝɯos
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can't say that I have ever used or felt the need to use my NVFR rating since I got a MECIR
Up the creek when the auto-pilot conks it or not current on the aid and the other guys can do the job.

Refresh my mind - what are the related rules if you have a MECIR, and you want to fly at night, it all has to be on an IFR plan if you don't also have a NVFR ? Or if your MECIR isn't current you can still fly in your PIFR as long as you have night recency?
With a current MECIR then for PVT and AWK you can fly NVFR if you meet the aeronautical an recent experience requirements for a NVFR.

If a MECIR is current then for CHTR one needs 10 hrs X-ctry NVFR (not NIFR)(including 3 Navs of 3 hours or 300 miles each) as PIC or ICUS (no Dual) PLUS recent exp of 4 T/O and LDG within 90 days and a night flight (VFR or IFR) (of at least 100 nm or 1 hr) in the last 6 Months or a flight check at night (not necessarily a NVFR check, mine was my initial MECIR issue, and the ATO actually landed the thing (for his own recency which I was totally happy with) but the tick was in the box). (CAO 40.2.1 Para 13 - page 16)

Gee that was an interesting chat with the CP convincing him that I could legally do the flight.

To summarise it's easier to be current for a NVFR flight on a NVFR Rating than the same flight on a MECIR.

FRQ CB

Last edited by FRQ Charlie Bravo; 30th Aug 2008 at 11:50. Reason: add hyperlink