PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sir Glen Speaks!
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2008, 11:03
Chugalug2

Received 236 Likes on 72 Posts
CAS:
"I'm certainly concerned about resources," he admits. "We have down-sized the air force to 41,000 people, and that has made us as lean, I believe, as we should be.....
The government decides how much money defence gets and it is our job to spend it as effectively as possible, and try to maintain the balance in our core structure to fight today's wars - and to prepare for tomorrow's wars as well."
Well that's you off the hook then Sir Glenn, it's all the fault of those tight fisted politicians! Not in my book I'm afraid. When things started to get bad, let alone bloody awful as they are now, it was your duty on behalf of your subordinates to draw a line in the sand. Thus far and no further, with the clear implication that if resources were still with-held you would complain loud clear and publicly, and if still no heed was taken you would resign, loud clear and publicly, with the further implication that you would continue your tirade in retirement, loud clear and publicly. Fanciful, unrealistic, naive? Perhaps, but very compelling for the young men and women for whom YOU are responsible. What good would it have done? Who knows - it's never been tried in the Royal Air Force!