PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How did Heathrow used to look ?
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2008, 10:47
darrylj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
agreed-so so much has changed.

i remember the 105 bus route, with those jump on, jump off routemaster buses which used to travel from shepherds bush to heathrow, & was like soo cheap to travel on them just to see heathrow. it was like 20p return with those conductors too.

oh those were the days. i remember the first time my friend took me to heathrow when the bus fare for some days went cheap, i had no idea where i was really going, & when i got into the tunnel, i started nearly crying wondering where the hell we had got to...

i remember harry heathrow-the teddy bear, those security guards in brown uniforms who used to advise us to leave, but we didn't, that trolley tunnel next to T2 where me & my mates used to race each other on them!, the queens building where so much could be seen, the busy bus stations.

a lot of the times whilst at work, i look at things around the airport & try to place myself back in those days again. very early 80's.
i know they will never return, but the feeling of being part of that is such a good feeling.