PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rex pilot shortage under control ?
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2008, 00:24
KRUSTY 34

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
chr!st gypsy!

Don't give them more ideas.

apache:

To the point and accurate as usual. If ever there was a case of not having a clue to the reality of the situation it lies squarely with REX management. So in the absence of dealing with the problem, we now see the blatent untruths emerge.

Lie No 1:

"After losing half its pilots last financial year, the airline is hoping it will have enough to allow it re-open some suspended routes in the second half."

Not likely. Captains (who would prefer to stay) are continueing to leave in unsustainable numbers. Next year this will increase significantly. The pool of suitably qualified candidates for upgrade is now all but empty. Rather than see a reversal of lost opportunities, we will see further reductions in services.

Lie No 2:

"But the pilots who leave are not looking at 10 or 20 per cent in their new jobs with Qantas and their new jobs with Virgin. They are really talking about 80 to 100 per cent increase and on top of that a career as a jet pilot."

I have yet to see a Captain with a regional going to a domestic and starting on $160K P/A!

Lie No 3:

"In a couple of years we'll find we'll have a huge crew of pilots that are no longer going to leave us," he says.

No you won't. Most of them will be made redundant because there will not be enough Captains to make up the other half of the crew!

Lie No 4:

"So in a way, we've turned a very bad situation to something where we've become more confident."

See Lie No 1!

Finally:

Steve Creedy. You really should be able to do better mate! I don't know if you read these forums, but feel free to PM me if you want. You just might learn something!

Last edited by KRUSTY 34; 30th Aug 2008 at 06:49.