PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Improve Light A/C Separation
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2008, 23:45
Fuji Abound

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes they can legally fly in IMC conditions, yes they have an established operating procedure for cloud flying that involves notification through a common frequency (130.4).
I dont understand why you would be proud of a procedure the sole function of which is to help prevent only your glider mates colliding with you? Seems to me very little regard for others sharing the same air space.

In fact indulge me please and let me see if I've got to grips with this matter.

1. You fly aircraft that present a very poor radar target,

2. You fly aircraft that present a poor visual target, particularly when you are not thermaling,

3. You operate on a frequency that almost no one else is likely to be listening on (other than other gliders),

4. You use a TAS sytem that is almost unique to your fraternity and which cannot be interogated by radar, and then only a small minority of you do so,

5. You dont tell anyone when you are entering or in cloud other than your own kind,

6. When in cloud you dont obey the usual rules of the air (quadrangle FR),

7. If it all goes pear shaped you wear a parachute knowing that in all probability the occupants of the aircraft you collide with even if they were wearing parachutes are restricted by the design from deploying.

How am I doing so far.