PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas 744 Depressurisation
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2008, 16:08
NSEU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The bank of cylinders connect to a common medium press supply line to the flow cont units. There are no check valve in the lines so all the cylinder will vent through the ruptured tubing at approx 600 PSI (outlet press of the reducer). The only check valve are in the fill lines.
Short Circuit...
I discovered a few weeks ago that the regulator(pressure reducer) attached to the plumbing on each bottle acts as a check valve. I hear it's becoming common practice to change a single bottle without shutting off all the other bottles. Didn't believe it until I tried it myself.

A/P Disconnect, My best GUESS.
Normally a manual input overpowers the CLCP's A/P control servo act. internal regulated pressure (internal CLCP stuff) and allows for manual override without A/P disc.
Interesting... The way I undestood it was that if the autopilot LVDT signals disagreed with the output LVDT signals, a camout would develop.... or are the autopilot LVDT signals tracking the manual override input? The plumbing on those CLCP's is a proverbial rats nest and difficult to understand.

Cheers.
NSEU