PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet Orientation Courses
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2008, 14:33
Night_fr8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CallsignKilo
You are under a misapprehension that the MCC is not a pass fail course.
You can and some do fail the MCC course, they are usually those who arrive with the attitude that its "Just a tick in the box" and do not prepare for each day as it comes, usually leaving them struggling especially in a Jet (FNPT2) sim.

As an MCCI I can say this is rare, but at the end of the day if the answer to "Would I put my family with that person on an average day" is No then they fail.
But that is equally my failure as theirs as I did not get the message across during training, or a colleague had the same problem.

JOC courses are very useful and where possible should be taken as a continuation after MCC.
The course which is a follow on to the MCC in the organisation I work for goes much more into depth with modern jet handling, and route flying, which several students have endorsed as instrumental in getting them through their subsequent simulator assessment.

If you can find a course MCC/JOC which offers a discount if you take both, then it would be unwise just to go for the MCC portion.
I know to many of you cost is a factor, but being well prepared for your chosen career is priceless.

Many fATPL students would love to go to an airline flying Jets or Turboprops, but currently there are less and less jobs available.
If the JOC can give the candidate that edge then it has been well worth while.
Should the only jobs be in the Airtaxi / Instructing fields then it may be worth delaying the JOC until the airline market picks up, after all you might have saved some money by then, to pay for the course.

Callsignkilo congrats on passing your Type Rating were you another of the growing numbers of SSTR's.