PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Business/Premium Economy/Economy ratios
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2008, 09:39
candoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Business/Premium Economy/Economy ratios

Flew yesterday from SVG to LHR on SAS.

I had a lot of changes to my itinerary during this week one of which was to change my return flight from today to yesterday. I could not get an economy seat returning and ended up forking out an extra £300 for premium economy, fair play my fault I thought as I did not book flexible tickets.

My original return fare was about £500.00 so now am up to about £800 for the return trip.

When boarding last night noticed that the last row only (Boeing737-300) - yes 6 seats - were economy, the bulk of the rest being premium economy and at front a few rows business. On my outbound flight at least the last 3 rows were economy!

The boundary between economy and premium economy was a little plastic sign stuck on the headrest of the seats, clearly moveable and the difference in service a light snack or nothing. Seat pitch appeared to be the same.

Many of the premium economy seats were empty - is this normal practice for this airline or were they scamming a few extra bucks due to the Oil and Gas show in Stavanger?