PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are the RAF desperate?
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2008, 09:14
beefybayonet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leaving today after 18 years service. I received my badge and certificate of service a few weeks ago and consigned them to the dusty box at the bottom of my spare cupboard immediately.

However, the best thing happened yesterday. I went into work to drop off my 1250. My final pay slip was there and upon opening it, I had the shock of my life. Instead of recovering the balance of the Long Service Advance of Pay from my gratuity, as per the terms and conditions I signed up to, a significant portion had been recovered from Augusts pay, meaning I am receiving the sum of bugger all today.

A call to JPAC revealed that the rules apparantly changed at the start of the year and the RAF nows recovers LSAP from final pay balances, as well as gratuities (I will still have £1700 taken from my gratuity to settle the debt). What made me rage was the complete lack of notice to the changes in terms and conditions. What exactly does the RAF think I'm going to do for money until my gratuity/pension arrives?

Luckily, the bank were very helpful and the mortgage will be ok next month. Now waiting for next instalment of the saga, i.e. gratuity hitting my bank account.

So glad I'm leaving the RAF with its 'Coco the Clown' style of admin!