PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Leading Edge Glasgow (PPL)
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2008, 08:08
Munnyspinner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LE Cumbernauld

Matjr69,

Although I have never flown with LE at Cumbernauld I have heard very positive things about the company. Their wesbite will give you info on fleet and locations and I believe Allan Falconer (?) the MD is actually very committed to providing an excellent service to customers.

My memory is a bit hazy but I seem to recall they had a base at Aberdeen too - although this was a few years ago.

Depending on the type of flying you hope to do Cumbernauld and Perth are both good locations. If you want to think about a career in aviation then I would always suggest learning in that environment and Glasgow flying club is the nearest you will get in Scotland. Full ATC with zone entry and exit procedures.

I have heard that LE have recently acquired new a/c which is always a good sign. I assume they are based both at Cumbernauld and Perth but check it out.

Maybe someone from GFC can advise on a/c type and availability.

With reference to 'gossip' about LE in Perth, I have flown there a bit and suspect its not LE but SAC they are talking about . The SAC are the resident club and LE are the FTO. Often LE get the flak when SAC are responsible. Latest I heard was that the owner at Scone was cranking up hangar /landing charges with a view to getting rid of SAC in favour of a more commercial operation - although I can't think where they would go? I think they have a website too - check it out. At Scone I remember there was a bit of a cock up either last year or earlier this when the airfield licence expired or something like that but it all seems to be fixed now. Kingsfield operate a very good Heli school and there are lost of microlights.

Must fly!