PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing evidence that the downturn is upon us....
Old 29th Aug 2008, 07:08
Wee Weasley Welshman

Received 174 Likes on 67 Posts
As I have said several times before - Oil prices are the sideshow, the real issue is the recession. And don't try to pin a prediction of $200 oil on me as I never said that nor suggested it.

I don't need to put the bear case any more. When I started doing so in the summer of last year hardly anyone thought a house price crash was going to happen and that a recession was a laughable likelihood. Now that both these events have come to pass and the mass media have caught on to the fact the bear facts are printed every day for all to see.

My predicition of airlines going bust is coming true (Zoom yesterday) and there will be plenty more.

Make your training choices as you see fit. You wanna keep renewing your licences, exams and ratings year after year then thanks, my ex-colleagues still in the flying training business will be very grateful.

ps A&C - was it you who said I'd be desperately trying to get back on the housing ladder having Sold To Rent in 2007? Looks more like a firemans pole to me...