PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Mid-air collision at Moorabbin
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2008, 05:57
Chimbu chuckles

Grandpa Aerotart

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It serves no useful purpose venting at the ignorance of the general public and is a waste of breath venting at the media who are beyond help...I just don't buy their product.

Those that do deserve our wrath are political leaders like Brumby, Uren et al who know better but are quick to turn anything to their own base political benefit.

When are we going to get true leaders with the courage to tell the truth.

"Ladies and gentlemen we have witnessed a sad accident but aviation activities at airfields like Morrabin are incredibly safe overall, conducted with great discipline, essential national infrastructure and provide great benefits to the local community too. My Government will no sooner countenance calls for knee jerk restrictions based on this tragedy than we would close a road or waterway because of a similar tragedy in those areas. All life has risk which is unavoidable. My thoughts at this time are with the family and work mates of this unfortunate young man"

"I ask the media to show some uncharacteristic restraint at this time and let the ATSB do their job...thankyou"

That is all it would take...a few leaders capable of seeing the communal benefit of blunt honesty