PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Error and restart all the time - what can I deduce from error screen?
Old 29th Aug 2008, 04:48
Spitoon

I'm no great technical expert and when I have had driver problems in the past I have sorted it out using Keef's method. It's possible that clicking on the 'Technical information' link in the window that comes up could give you some hints.

Does it happen at exactly the same point in the boot up each time? I have had similar problems caused by dodgy memory - served me right for buying really cheap I guess - but it would reboot at a different point each time. If you think it could be this and have more than one strip of RAM try taking out all but one strip ans see if all is well - if yes, add another and see if it is still OK etc. untill it's fully populated. Alternatively try each strip separately to verify that it's OK. With my cheap RAM it passed all memory checks I ran on it but crashed the machine in use - so I guess it was something to do with timings etc....told you I wasn't a techie!