PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is your take-home pay at the end of the month?
Old 29th Aug 2008, 03:42
pablo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Guys / Chaps / Ladies,

I think you didn't understand XXPLOD. In his profile he says he is 32, it's just that he mentioned that as police inspector he hits retirement at 51.

Well... just my humble opinion, but... in your case... probably you are still on time to change career but... if you have a good salary and don't hate your present job, why risking?

I don't know... I'm 25, started integrated ATPL at 18. I'm currently working as instructor and I love the job, and I think that I have good chances of joining an airline in 1-2-3 years, and meanwhile keep on instructing, but... sometimes I wonder if it wouldn't have been a better idea to do as some of my friends: get an university degree, eventually find a good job and just fly on the weekends for the fun of it.

Well... getting back on topic:

Flight instructor in Phoenix, AZ with European school. US$1800/month (circa 1200 Euro/month) netto. Accomodation is paid (nice shared apartment, in a complex with pool, gym and spa) and 2x economy tickets/yr (return) to that place called home. 80-90hrs/month flying.
Second year pay gets a lot better (around $2500/E1600), plus $10k bonus on 24th month being part of the family.
Pay on first year isn't that great because they pay your FAA licenses plus salary meanwhile you get them.

I absolutely love the place and the company. Decent airplanes (I'm not such a Piper fan, dunno why), great maintenance, generous effort on flight safety and staff/management are great people. I can't complain!

Regards / Pablo