PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing evidence that the downturn is upon us....
Old 29th Aug 2008, 03:23
nich-av

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What recession??

All those who have been slagging off WWW how do you like you humble pie served??
Oh yeah you mean the guy that predicted the worst recession in history, even surpassing the 1929-1931's? The one guy that failed to see the difference between the speculated upcoming recession and the real problem, the energy crisis.
I got news for him:

The government estimated on Thursday that U.S. gross domestic product grew at a 3.3 percent annual rate in the second quarter, well above an initial estimate of 1.9 percent rate and above economists' expectations of a 2.7 percent rate.

The number squashed any speculation that the economy was mired in recession, or negative growth.
TREASURIES-Bonds fall on upwardly revised Q2 U.S. growth | Markets | Bonds News | Reuters

The energy crisis is slowly coming to an end as investors regain common sense and reinvest in traditional markets. Oil prices have no more reason to rise at this point, and I hope that the valutation of oil will decrease to 90$/barrel by year-end.

I still stand by my previous comment that United will go down before the oil markets recover and that the huge pilot shortage we are facing around 2010 will hit many regional and bizjet operators to a point where some will have to ground aircraft.

The wide and wild speculation that is coming to its end was but an instant of relief...