PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are the RAF desperate?
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2008, 00:22
L1011GE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are the RAF desperate?

Today is my last paid day in the RAF, after 29 years 118 days I will be civilian.

This week I received a very nice certificate from Service Personnel and Veterans Agency.

It contained my nice little pin badge with a certificate stating "' The HM forces veterans badge is PRESENTED to you in recognition of your service in the UK armed Forces.....

How does being sent in the post representative of presented? Why is it not ""Presented"" by OC Admin when some scruffy SAC takes away the 1250? or by your ex boss at your Final interview.?

Not that it matters I wont be wearing it on my T shirts.... Just seems an insult

Anyway also in the pack was a print out of my JPA competencies ie fitness test, IRT, IDT CCS etc(5 pages)..all printed on nice certificate paper....what a waste of money...

Lastly I was told that after 29 years 118 days I still have to serve until 2016 in reserve......I cannot be bothered to write and tell the YTS trainee who made 3 spelling mistakes in my address he is wrong.

So there we go....30 years and the letter was pp'd in the signature block by an Administrator!!!!!!!! They cant even sent a printed signature..

That said I have enjoyed my last 30 years and would not change a thing....
I just wanted a dig at the futile gesture of a pin badge and certificate..

Watching my bank now for my Lump sum/pension

Stay Safe