PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF buys spy planes to monitor enemies from the sky
Old 28th Aug 2008, 22:13
barnstormer1968

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Double zero

Re. The opening line 'R.A.F buys spylanes to monitor the enemy' - well what the hell use else are they for, flying over nudist beaches ?!

I thought the same as you, but you missed out the revolutionary part of the title.......From the sky!!! Did we really need to be told these "planes" would be used in the sky.

I can understand how some troops would jump at the chance to operate in an aircraft at only 50 Celsius. Namely the warrior born troops in Iraq who have to endure 70 Celsius (despite having air con fitted), but then both temperatures are frankly ludicrous to work in, and prove AA's point of you get what you pay for, and it seems the Brit government aren't willing to pay (export desert warriors have decent air con)

Do any of you fellow Ppruner's have the kind of memory where you recall (pre GW1) that running around in the old style flak vest was considered too hot for the English summer. Sat here as an armchair general, I not only take my hat off to the lads and lasses in hot places, but am totally stunned at how effective they are, given the conditions they find themselves in. (sorry for thread drift)

Barnstormer1968