PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Loss of Pressurisation 25th Aug
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2008, 21:29
Flintstone

Originally Posted by Dream Buster
Simply put, if the crew miss ALL the clues and then whilst drifting into unconciousness........ happen to notice an O2 mask dangling down in front of them - they might put it on and save their souls?

In that very, very rare instance where they've missed ALL the other cues? Maybe, but I'm inclined to agree with the comment made earlier that a dangling mask obscuring the screens in front of them is likely to be a bigger menace on more occasions.

Nobody needs to be superhuman to follow phase one items for depressurisation, I even managed it once. Maybe anyone struggling with those should not be there in the first place?

Originally Posted by aDriver
Well one thing is clear to me :

The safety briefings don't work for many passengers.

The industry needs a re-think on how to get it's message across on what to to do in this sort or emergency.
I beg to differ. The briefings work if people bother to listen or are made to listen. Too often I've sat through a safety brief that I've heard hundreds of times while Mr & Mrs Public are chatting, fiddling with their newspapers or something else rather than listen to this important information.

It's the passengers who are the problem and I wonder how many wish they'd paid attention when things start to go wrong.