PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2008, 18:21
soggyboxers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Troglodita and archos,

Have to agree with most of what you say. The pay does always go in on time, and though the rise is only on basic salary, the strengthening dollar will provide a useful extra bonus (and the rate is forecast to fall to £1=$1.75 by year's end). Fluctuating currency exchange rates is something one has to learn to live with if one is employed by a foreign company and not paid in one's home currency.

But Trogs, I most have to agree with your comment about not fixing something if it isn't broken. Somebody has made a decision which has upset a lot of people and that I believe will have repercussions further down the line for those of us remaining. However, unlike heliminger, I'll be back even though I'm unhappy about some of the changes in our new pay review - and I'm one of the few who is still in Nigeria for 10 months a year!

There is no such thing as the perfect employer though, like many, I enjoyed most of my time with Schreiner. Alas they are now gone and Bristow, warts and all is still one of the better employers around.

Last edited by soggyboxers; 28th Aug 2008 at 18:24. Reason: addition of data