PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CARDIFF
Thread: CARDIFF
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2008, 17:21
TGI-245

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flight has been removed from FIDS and flight is cancelled a press release will be made shortly i have heared.

Aircraft will not be re-fuelled by BP i have heared and not sure if the airport has inpounded the aircraft or not as i think they maybe worried about loosing the longhaul business if zoom does make it through this.

Not a nice scene at the airport i have heared with reports of a scuffle in departures along with announcement of all available security personel to attend departures.

Think we gunna have to wait and see the press release. I believe it's zoom uk that may have gone bankrupt but not confirmed

Zoom Airlines and Cardiff Airport

28 August 2008

Following today's announcement from Zoom Airlines that it is seeking creditor protection Cardiff Airport has stated that they will work with the airline and its administrator to assist Zoom to continue to operate their routes to Toronto and Vancouver from Cardiff.
These routes have proved extremely popular with travellers from Wales and Canada and have been expanded in the last 12 months. The problems experienced by Zoom are entirely due to the unprecedented rise in aviation fuel price, and are not as a result of any weakness in the market from Cardiff.
We have the greatest sympathy for Zoom and their passengers, and are confident that the problems will be resolved.
The Zoom flight Z4467 to Vancouver, expected to leave Cardiff International Airport at 1435 this afternoon has not departed at the airline's request.
The passengers boarded the aircraft but were later offloaded and asked to contact either their tour operator or their credit card company. Travellers who are booked on future flights are advised to follow the same procedures.

Last edited by TGI-245; 28th Aug 2008 at 17:48.