PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bullying / victimisation
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2008, 14:47
slip and turn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cor blimey , quite an educational experience this PPRuNe lark can be

It don't seem more than a few months since I learned what a sciolist was. Now spruiking enters worldwide usage

I found two definitions of a spruiker:

spruiker
noun
  1. (Australian) One who promotes his own cause; one who toots their own horn.
  2. (figurative) A person standing outside a place of business trying to persuade patrons to enter, or vigourously trying to persuade customers to purchase a their wares (ie. a fruiterer calling out the price of bananas).
Anyone seen any promoting of any Australian ego-centric causes on this thread? Tooting of horns anyone? Vigorous sales techniques e.g. collaring of punters on pavements? ... Anyone?

... so must be bananas

But I diverge too far from the seriousness of the thread (my apologies to the OP).

I would also favour quickly communicating with the union on a formal level and be guided by them. I would also try to make and keep notes despite how much of a chore that must be when you are depressed by the intimidating atmosphere.

Thirdly, but perhaps most importantly, and I am sure the OP must have considered it as a first action and doesn't need the reminder, but you ATCOs need to be sure you are 100% mentally fit for duty before each shift, don't you? I am not sure how advisable it is to sign yourself off sick and then seek a medical sign off too, but I am sure the OP must have considered it.

Last edited by slip and turn; 28th Aug 2008 at 15:00.