PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe/FTE Mentored Airline Pilot Scheme (MAPS)
Old 28th Aug 2008, 11:43
RSP_2407

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all,

What Cruise Control says appears to be true. I have just rung FTE and they confirmed those with no reply have been unsuccesful on the MAPS scheme. But the lady I spoke with said we should be receiving a phone call either this week or next week to discuss further options, whatever that means. Maybe we can still get on with FTE, but not the Flybe MAPS? The lady at phase 3 said if we're not good enough for the MAPS we could still be offered a place at FTE, but we'd have to go to Jerez to 'talk to them.' God knows why, surely they have all the information about us already!

The lady on the phone today said we would receive feedback as to why we were not succesful, which is helpful (better that CTC who don't tell you anything, which is extremely annoying...).

On a another note, I though I'd actually performed quite well at Phase 3. The maths and physics and verbal reasoning weren't especially difficult, and neither were most of the PILAPT tests. Bring on the feedback, I say.

Each time I have spoken to FTE, it seems that I have got a different response, so not sure if even they know when they are planning on contacting us. I rang Flybe yesterday (it took me three different phone calls to actually get a number for the switchboard!) and they didn't have a clue what was going on with the results. They told me to reply to the letter they sent out inviting me to Phase 3, but of course, there was no letter, it was email. What is also annoying is the fact that we have had to wait over a week to find our bad news, whereas the succesful applicants found out last week.

So, back to the drawing board .................